The Hubs and I discovered a new Thai place in our neighborhood that has become one of our favorite take out spots. I’m a huge fan of coconut curry but I know that when I am buying it from a restaurant, it’s probably loaded with lots of extra “stuff.” I decided to try to re-create it at home last week and you know what, it turned out pretty darn good!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 T of yellow curry paste (I bought my paste at an Asian grocery store.)
- 1 medium sweet potato cooked, skinned and cubed.
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1T olive oil
- Over medium high heat, heat olive oil and add 1T of curry paste.
- Stir continuously 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook an additional 4-6 minutes
- Add coconut milk, peas and sweet potato cubes.
- Whisk in 1T of curry
- Bring to a slow boil and simmer for 8-10 more minutes
If you decide to make it, let me know what you think! I served it over brown rice. Have you ever tried to re-create a takeout favorite? Do you have any recipes to share?