Happy August 1st! I can’t believe it’s August! Only a couple more weeks until the madness resumes over here. The weather over here in Chicago is finally going to better!! It’s been rough and gloomy all week! Here’s hoping for a pool day!
I’ve been playing around with cauliflower “rice” for a few weeks now! It’s really so easy! Take a cauliflower and put the florets in your food processor and process until it’s rice like. You can choose to squeeze out the liquid or just use as is. Recipes call for different instructions. I’ve served cauliflower rice to company and most thought it was couscous. So here’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies without the carbs!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 Garlic Clove Chopped
- 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- ⅓-1/2 cups of Chopped Fresh Basil
- Chop cauliflower into chunks.
- Place cauliflower in food processor, and let it run until the cauliflower has been diced up. It will look like rice.
- Heat a non stick or pan coated with Olive Oil
- Add cauliflower. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes to cauliflower and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add Tomato paste and toss rice
- Top with Fresh Basil
** Note** I didn’t squeeze the liquid out the first time I made it but the next time I did it and I liked the consistency more. You could also use fresh tomatoes from your garden if you have them on hand instead of the canned. Our tomatoes are all turning so next time I’ll be using fresh tomatoes for sure.
Have you ever experimented with cauliflower “rice?”