Tequila and Lime Shrimp or Chicken
Laura: Laura@ Fit Running Mama
Recipe type: Mexican
An perfect combo of citrus and spice for your chicken or fish! This is a MUST for your next summer BBQ!
- 1 pound of chicken or shrimp ( I haven't done it on other fish yet but I am sure it would be awesome!)
- 1 shot of tequila
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ⅓- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro (depending on how much you like the taste of cilantro)
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Place all marinade ingredients in your food process, high speed blender or mini prep
- Blend for about 15-20 seconds
- Pour over chicken, shrimp or other fish and let marinade for at least an hour. I try to aim for 3-5 hours
- Pre-heat your grill to medium high heat and cook your chicken or fish according to directions
- Serve immediately with some salsa or guacamole or anything else that you are in the mood for!!
If you try it on something other than shrimp or chicken I would love to hear what you do!!
Of course feel free to pair this meal with my favorite summer cocktail!
Happy Grilling!!! In case you have missed the last two posts with AWESOME giveaways, you can check them out here!