I rarely post on the weekend but I’m here with my Salba monthly giveaway! It’s all about the Superbowl and since today is SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! I wanted to start your Sunday off right!
It’s time to give football a makeover – not uniforms or the game itself – but the food! Football games spent tailgating or gathered around the TV don’t have to lead to overindulgence and unhealthy eating. Instead, let’s turn tailgating into a foodie affair! After all, the Super Bowl is the #2 biggest food holiday.
This month, Salba wants to give you the tools to make this the best Super Bowl yet (at least until next year). We challenge you to serve or take chia-infused snacks to your party.
Here’s what to do: Snap some photos of the recipes below (or make your own) and people enjoying it. Send the photos back to me and Salba will share with all of their followers!
Here are some Salba’s recipes to get you started:
- Chia-mole – a classic guacamole enhanced with Salba Chia seeds:
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Salba Chia Whole Seeds
- Serve with Salba Chia Organic Tortilla Chips or fresh cut veggies
- Strawberry Salba-ritas – Yes, you read it right! Why not make a margarita a little healthier?!?
- 2 oz water
- 1 tsp Salba Chia Seeds (let chia seeds soak for about 10 min. in the water)
- 3 oz tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1½ oz freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 6-7 whole, frozen strawberries (blended)
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar (also called coconut sugar) & 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- Light Buffalo Chicken Dip – Just the right amount of naughty & nice.
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Salba Chia Whole Seeds
- 2 cups (14 oz raw) cooked shredded chicken
What’s on your menu for today? How do you plan on “celebrating?” I’m off to a class at The Daily Method, then brunch, haircuts, a manicure if time allows and a BIG Superbowl Party! Busy busy!!
Enter below for your chance to win 1 Salba Chia Whole Seed bag and 1 Premium Ground bag… and guess what??? There will be 2 winners!