It’s been awhile since I have done a new recipe! As you know I bought a Vitamix a few weeks ago and I can safely say that I use it almost every day! Sometimes 2-3 times a day! Since buying the Vitamix I don’t think that I will ever buy store bought almond milk or hummus again!
The basil in our garden has been amazing! Actually all of the herbs are doing quite well!!
I whipped this up last week in the Vitamix! If you don’t have one a food processor is just fine!
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans
- ¼ – ⅓ cup of fresh basil
- 2-3T of chopped sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 T of Olive Oil
- 3 T of sesame seeds
- 3-4 T of liquid from garbanzo beans
- Juice of one Lemon
- Open can of garbanzo beans and remove 3-4 Tablespoons of the liquid and put into Vitamix.
- Rinse and drain beans and add them to the Vitamix (or food processor.)
- Add all remaining ingredients and process 1-2 minutes (depending on the power of your food processor/Vitamix.)
My apologies that my pictures really aren’t the best but I am not a photographer! I love to eat and cook and taking pictures of my food isn’t something I do so well but I promise you that this is delicious!
Do you buy hummus or make it at home?