We had friends over for dinner Friday night and I threw this together when I got home from work. It all came out really pretty. This recipe is great because you can add or change it up. Next time I plan on adding fresh spinach on the bottom layer and fresh basil on top of the chicken to make it just a bit more colorful. However, the roasted tomatoes and garlic really give it an awesome taste. Serve this chicken with any kind of whole grain and roasted veggie for a perfect dinner!
- 1LB of cherry tomatoes
- 1 TBS of Olive Oil
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 14 oz can of artichoke hearts drained and rinsed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 TBS of dried basil or ¼- 1/3 cup of fresh basil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the Oven the 420 degrees
- Place your cherry tomatoes, garlic and artichokes in a 9x13 glass dish and toss with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast tomatoes and artichokes for 20-25 minutes tossing them once.
- Remove from the oven and turn the temp down to 375
- Place the chicken breasts onto of the veggies and sprinkle with basil and salt and pepper
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
It really is a pretty dish once you plate it! Does anyone else feel excited when the actual meal is on the plate with the side dishes? When I have friends and family over I love putting everything together and serving the meal on one plate. It’s just so pretty! Plus, I love when my meal has bright colors! I served this dinner with black rice and roasted asparagus and it looked so pretty. I did forget to take a picture though.. oops! Yet another reason why I am not a food blogger!!
Do you enjoy serving meals to guests or do you prefer the buffet style and everyone can serve themselves?