I’m up and out early this morning to present first thing at the Illinois Association for Health and Physical Education Conference! I didn’t want to forget about getting you the recipe for this awesome tasty treat. I made last Friday for an afternoon and dinner playdate! I take the almond pulp from my homemade almond milk, dry it in the oven for 3 hours at 200 and then process it for a little bit in my food processor. The end result is a great gluten free flour that is wonderful to use in baking! My almond milk is sweetened with cinnamon and dates so the flour is simply delightful!
This time I used the almond flour to make an EASY, no bake cookie bite!
Play date treats are always hard. You want to find something that the kids will like but isn’t loaded with processed garbage. The stuff on the shelf always is. Luckily these were a hit with kids, moms and dads!
- 1 cup of dried almond pulp flour
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil softened
- ¼ cup of pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons of dark chocolate chips ( I used Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips)
- Combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a food processor and process until a large ball forms.
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand
- You can place the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes if you would like or you can form balls immediately. I used my hands to roll the dough.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- You can also store these in the freezer for raw frozen cookie dough bites
As you look on my recipe page you might notice I am a fan of no bake bites. I have a couple other recipes that you can check out here and here
I guess I am consistent with my love for chocolate and peanut butter!
If you don’t have almond meal on hand I love the Trader Joe’s brand! It’s great, pretty cheap and wonderful for baking and for coating chicken!
Have you ever baked or used almond meal? Stop back tomorrow for Friday 5 and another giveaway!