I love the weekends! I was thinking about that Sunday morning when I was still laying in bed at 7am. No rushing, more free time and plenty of time to relax. I was one with my couch yesterday afternoon. No joke! We spent the first 1/2 of the weekend with family and enjoying ourselves. Sunday morning I had a client to train and then my food prep was interrupted by our kitchen sink clogging up. So dinner plans went out the door as did lots of my prep.
Oh well… just more time to curl up and relax. Isn’t that what weekends are all about?
We had cold fall temps here this weekend. Saturday was raw and Sunday was a little better. The cool weather has me full into pumpkin season! Who else is loving it?
I never have time to make steel cut oats during the week. Who has time to wait 30 plus minutes for breakfast during the week? What I usually do on Sunday is make a big batch for a few days. Yesterday, I decided to add some pumpkin and chia seeds to make a tasty fall favorite!
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- ½ cup of pure pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice (if you don't have any on hand you can use cinnamon)
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- Cook your steel cut oatmeal according to the directions.
- I did 4 cups of water to 1 cup of oats.
- When there is about 5 minutes left of cooking time add in the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and chia seeds.
- Stir to combine.
- Once the oats are done serve.
- Optional topping: nuts, extra pumpkin, nut butter... the options are endless!
This breakfast will keep you full and focused and packs a healthy addition of fiber!!
What’s your favorite pumpkin dish?