- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of applesauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or other milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini-muffin pan.
- Combine almond meal, coconut flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt & baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into mini-muffin pan and bake for about 15 minutes until tops start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
To make these a little more fun for Sara, I add some sprinkles into the mix! Everything is a little better with some rainbow sprinkles! My favorite way to eat these power bites is like this!
I store them in the fridge and they are typically gone in a matter of days. The Hubs has been known to eat 4 or 5 in one sitting.
Now onto today’s giveaway! It’s a really good one!!! A few weeks ago I got some great stuff from the folks over at Vitacost!
I’ve been using everything! First of all, I’m a huge fan of coconut oil. Not just for cooking, and baking but it’s truly helped me this winter deal with my horrible dry hands. The face cream they sent me I’ve been putting on after my runs! Great stuff. Do you know about Vitacost? They have EVERYTHING! I just put in a big order last week for coconut flour and coconut sugar along with vitamins for the Hubs and some other food products!! They have great deals and often it’s cheaper then buying it at Whole Foods! Vitacost has offered me the chance to give all of you $10 off your order of $30 or more! That’s a huge savings! They also have regular sales and other deals going on too!
Additionally, Vitacost is offering one reader a $50 gift certificate valid for anything on their site!! How sweet is that!! There are plenty of things you can buy for $50!! Now that’s an awesome giveaway that anyone can use!
Don’t forget that you can find all the great giveaways going on this week over here. I’m also looking for my ENERGYbits and The Goodbean Company winners! You have till FRIDAY, then I am picking new winners.
Hope you are all enjoying the giveaways that I have been doing to celebrate the start of Spring. It’s just too bad that it still feels like winter over here!
Disclosure: I received these products from Vitacost.com. It was my decision to do this review for them and all opinions expressed are on my own.