It’s been awhile since I gave you a new recipe since I am not doing a whole lot of cooking these days unless it’s out of my crock pot but I have something new for you to try.
Sara was my target in this recipe. Sara has always enjoyed homemade Larabars and lots of snacks that often contain nuts. The problem is that at school I am not allowed to send anything that contains any kind of nut. Finding healthy snacks and treats is often hard! I finally threw together a power “ball” that is nut free!
- 1 cup of packed and pitted dates (I soaked mine in warm water for about 5 minutes because they were a little hard.)
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
- ¼ unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ cup of raw cacao nibs ** Optional** I made two batches one with and one without and they both worked
- Place dates in food processor and blend.
- Add hemp, chia, sesame, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Process until combined and add cacao nibs.
- Once you have a large "dough" ball begin rolling into smaller balls.
- Store in fridge.
If for some reason you find that your dough is till too sticky you can try adding a couple of teaspoons of coconut flour or almond meal but that would no longer make it nut free.
To all the moms out there do you struggle to find healthier snack options that are nut free?