I need grab and go ALL the TIME. Nursing, pumping and my increased running mileage has me QUITE hungry these days. When I did my first round of The 30, I learned that I needed to add more fat and protein to my diet. Now, I need even more. I wanted to create an “ball” type snack that I could portion out and eat on the go as a mini meal. Nuts and seeds are such a great source of healthy fats and you can’t go wrong when you add in hemp seeds!! These are great and contain natural, whole ingredients and provide a wonderful source of healthy fat!
Please excuse my lack of photography. As I have mentioned MANY times. I am not a food photography blogger. I just like to make and eat food. You will just have to trust me that they taste good!
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of almonds
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Soak your dates in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain and then place them in a food processor for a few seconds.
- Remove dates and put them in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into the food processor and process for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the dates back into the food processor and process until mixture is fully combined.
- Roll into balls and store in the freezer.
What’s your favorite grab and go snack?