TGIF friends and today is the first Friday in over 2 1/2 months that I can say that and REALLY MEAN it! It was a wonderful week but I am ready for the weekend!!
Today I’m chatting about sleep!! Sleep is something that is crucial to me. I am not one of those late night folks and you’ll never find me giving up sleep to get things done.
In college I wasn’t the “all-nighter” kind of student either. If I don’t get enough sleep I simply fall apart. I can’t stay up till midnight and then pop out of bed at 6 ready to start the day. Can you? I find I best function on 7-8 hours of sleep. 7 1/2 is really my ideal!
Of course this summer we all got used to sleeping a little more! That’s what summer break is all about right? However, now that I am back into a routine… well kind of you can find me getting in to bed around the 9pm hour. Yup! That’s right, I get into bed around 9pm. No shame! I love it! I don’t watch late night TV and I don’t even catch the 10pm news. I DVR most of my favorite shows during the year and watch them the next evening at an earlier time.
The folks at REM-Fit sent me some of their Protect-A-Bed products to try out this summer!
I was sent:
All of the REM-Fit products are designed to help active people by providing better sleep as a result, as well as helping your fitness and overall health.
1. The REM-Fit Total Sleep Recovery System is designed to help those who embrace an active, healthy lifestyle by providing a rejuvenating sleep environment. REM-Fit is a lifestyle, which stands for Rest, Energize and Motivate
2. Exercise and Rest are necessary for mental and physical balance, and are key components of a healthy lifestyle.
3. Sleep is essential to help Energize the body for the physical requirements of today’s active lifestyle.
4. A restful night’s sleep helps the body recover and Motivates athletes to push their physical limits the next day.
5. The REM-Fit pillow and bedding and pillow protection products include features like Tencel®, which aids in thermo-regulation, wicks away moisture, is hypoallergenic, has antibacterial properties and provides a soft, silky-smooth sleep zone for those with sensitive skin. Another feature is Miracle Membrane®, which maintains mattress hygiene for more restful sleep.
My favorite product was the adjustable pillow!
I loved that you could adjust the filling to your liking. The pillow protectors made me feel confident that I was getting a clean pillow that would last for years. I made the switch a couple of months ago and haven’t switched back! It suites any kind of sleeper!
I was also a big fan of the Mattress protector as well! You can’t beat all the great features plus it’s easy to clean and to put on your bed. Not to mention it’s effective in preventing dust mites and bacteria from breeding inside the mattress, which are a significant cause of asthma, rhinitis and eczema.
To all my Chicago friends, REM-Fit is going to be out at the REM-Fit Urban Hoedown 5k on August 27. Beginning at 7 p.m., the race will begin and end at Soldier Field wrapping around the city’s Lakefront. If you are running the race be sure to stop by the REM-Fit tent and check out their products!
Have a wonderful weekend!! Are you racing, playing or just enjoying more summer. We are going back into the upper 90’s here. (NOT my favorite kind of weather) The hubs birthday is tomorrow night so we will be celebrating ALL weekend!!!
Disclaimer: I was provided these products by REM-Fit. All opinions are my own