Happy Tuesday. I’ve great a great recipe to share with you today! The other weekend after the farmers market I was craving a lunch that was filled with all the goodness from my Saturday farmers market purchases. The kale looked simply beautiful!
Enter the massaged kale salad. What is great about kale is that because it’s a tougher green it lasts longer and in my mind gets better with age. This salad was perfect for three lunches!
- 1 bunch of kale
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 can of chickpeas drained
- 1 large tomato or handful of cherry tomatoes or roma tomatoes
- 1 cucumber chopped
- ¼ cup of raw sunflower seeds
- Optional Add Ins: Nutritional yeast, ground flax, ground chia. The possibilities are endless
- Remove the kale from the ribs and chop or tear into small pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Add the juice of one lemon, olive oil and salt and massage the kale so that each piece is coated.
- Allow the kale to sit for at least 10 minutes. This will cause the kale to wilt. Toss a couple of times while it sits.
- While your kale is sitting chop of the rest of your veggies.
- Add in veggies, chickpeas and sunflower seeds.
- Enjoy, devour and chow down!
- Got leftovers enjoy them the next day and the day after that!
Sara and I have a busy day ahead of us and tonight the Hubs and I are going to check out a new fridge/freezer. I am giddy with excitement about the idea of a new appliance!! Anyone else get excited about a new household purchase?
Stay up on all 3 of my giveaways going on here!