If there are two things that I can never seem to get enough of, it is kale and brussels sprouts! I consume them in large amounts almost every day. In fact it’s rare that a day goes by that I don’t have one or the other!
Actually, when I was throwing this salad together it didn’t have brussels sprouts in them, but when I realized I had just bought a Costco sized bag of them, I thought, “why not!” Everything is better with brussels.. right??! (The hubs is so rolling his eyes as he reads this!)
You’ll have to forgive me but I didn’t really do a whole lot of measuring for parts of this! Bottom line is that you can change this around to make this to your liking!
- 1 bunch of organic kale
- ⅓ cup of pomegranate seeds (or you can substitute with dried cranberries)
- ⅓ cup of raw or toasted pecans or pumpkin seeds
- 1 heaping cup of thinly sliced brussels sprouts
- For the Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Mix together all the ingredients of your dressing and set aside
- Tear the ribs from the kale into small piece and mix with the sliced brussels sprouts.
- Add the dressing and allow the salad to "sit" for about 25 minutes
- Toss at least 2-3 times while it sits to ensure that salad is coated evenly.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and pecans and toss again.
I hope you enjoy! I wanted to get this post out today before the holidays! I’ll be back on Thursday with more winners to announce!
Do you have any winter food addictions? Are you a kale or brussels sprouts fan or do you love them both equally?