I don’t eat a ton of red meat but I love bison! I’ve written about all the wonderful health benefits to bison here. Bison is pretty much the only red meat that I cook with. I’m not opposed to eating others, it’s just not really a part of my diet. Last week I had some leftover cooked kabocha squash, which you guys know is one of my favorite things to eat. Anyways, I came home from work and prepared some really tasty burgers that everyone enjoyed!
- 1lb of ground bison
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of cooked mashed kabocha squash (sweet potato would work too)
- ¼ cup of rolled oats ground to oat flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Throughly combine all of your ingredients in one bowl.
- Form 4 burgers and spray them with olive oil spray.
- Heat your grill to medium high and grill burgers for approximately four minutes a side.
The temps are on the rise over here and I intend to soak up as much warm weather as I can. I’m also running my first mud run on Sunday! It’s a 5K. Have you ever done one? This is my first and I am excited, I just need the weather to cooperate!
Oh, and can I tell you guys something?! I’ve been hearing buzz about 24 coming back and yesterday I read this article that pretty much confirmed it! Oh, Jack how I’ve missed you!!! Soo freaking excited about this!!
That’s all I got! Have a great day everyone! I’m off for a sunrise run!