Well, since I have this crazy internal alarm clock that has me getting up at 5:15 every day!! I thought I would do a giveaway! I mean, it is Father’s Day WEEKEND and all! So, I am doing one of the Hubs favorite things! (OK SLIGHT exaggeration!!) However, the Hubs does include Salba Chia in his regular diet since I keep in on our kitchen counter and make it easily accessible! This month we are chatting about Salba and GRILLING!! Thanks to Salba for sending me lots of grilling goodness!
Nothing says summer like grilling! But have you ever tried including chia seeds with your grilling recipes? Grilling is already one of the healthiest ways to cook (as long as you’re careful with marinades!) and by seasoning meats and vegetables with herbs like basil, oregano and thyme, and adding Salba chia seeds, you can give your favorite recipes a boost of nutrition. With these easy and fun recipes, anyone can grill a delicious, healthy meal!
Below are a few of our favorite summertime backyard BBQ recipes using Salba chia seeds. Try out some new recipes, or use the ones below, and be sure to share if you have a new recipe!!
Baby Kale Salad with Strawberries and Salba Chia Seed Dressing
- 5 oz baby kale (or other lettuce)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Any additions you would like (almonds, cheese, etc.)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 T Salba chia seeds
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 ½ T honey (or agave)
Bonus! Place Salba Chia seeds on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 1 hour. The seeds will become crunchy and add texture to salads just like sesame seeds!
Salba Chia Chicken Strips
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 T grainy mustard
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Salba chia seeds
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry. Slice each breast into strips and set aside.
- Combine the yogurt and mustard in a bowl; add the chicken and allow it to marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the panko, chia, sage, salt and several grinds of pepper in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Dredge the chicken into the panko mixture and coat all sides well. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until cooked through and panko turn golden. Serve warm.
Salba Chia Fruit Salad
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 T lemon juice
- 4 T Salba chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
Directions: In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
I also love making my own salad dressing and throwing in a couple of tablespoons of Salba Chia in the dressing!!
It’s time to get your chia on!!
2 winners to receive 1 Salba Chia Whole Seed BOOST sleeve and 1 Premium Ground BOOST sleeve.
Enter below for your chance to win!
And…. just special shout out to all the dad’s celebrating Father’s Day this weekend! Happy Father’s Day!
Disclaimer: As a Salba Chia Ambassador I received this products. All opinions are my own