This recipe was kitchen experiment on Oscar night!! It turned out really yummy and we have been enjoying it for the last couple of nights!! It took just a few minutes to whip up and is pretty guiltless! The Hubs and Sara both approved. I made the chocolate covered ones for them!
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt. You could use vanilla too for added sweetness
- ⅓ cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 T honey (probably omit this if using vanilla flavored yogurt)
- ¾ cup of granola (whatever granola you prefer)
- Put your granola in a food processor or mini prep and process a few seconds until granola is more crumbled.
- Mix granola and greek yogurt together in a bowl.
- Add in peanut butter ( I microwaved mine about 15-20 seconds to make it easier to mix in.)
- Add honey and mix everything together.
- Place parchment paper or foil on a cookie sheet spoon out yogurt mixture
- Freeze for 45-60 minutes.
- Optional: After freezing you can melt some chocolate and dip bites into chocolate for a more decadent treat!
- Note: If you don't finish them all at once store them in a airtight container. If you are enjoying over a few days let them sit out for about 10 minutes before you dig in!
Don’t forget about the Two Mom’s in the Raw Giveaway that I have going on until tomorrow morning!
Speaking of tomorrow!! Tomorrow is MARCH 1!! March is going to be a month filled with giveaways and goodies! March means longer hours of daylight and warmer temps. March means that at some point hopefully soon, I can abandon my treadmill for long runs in good old suburbia. Not quite the same as my runs on the Chicago lakefront pre marriage and baby days but I will take it. Stop back tomorrow and I will give you the whole low down. This is the time to subscribe to Fit Running Mama by email so you don’t miss out on anything!
Are you ready for March? What are you most excited about?