Great weekend and I am SPENT as I write this on Sunday evening. I haven’t really stopped all weekend. None of us have! I can’t complain though, it was a really fun weekend! Let’s start with a good ‘ole fashion photo bomb!
Saturday was a full day of activities at Pumpkinfest, which has really become a tradition for us! Yup, that’s my kid with the Twinkie guy. Thus far I have managed to have her forget about the Twinkies that they were handing out. Loads of guys walking around with shirts that said, “the sweetest comeback in history.” Of course as a kid I loved Twinkies, what’s not to like about them? But I know how horrible they are and so I am doing my best. I don’t always win these “fights.” It’s hard living in a world when so many of those tasty treats are nothing but fake artificial ingredients. How do you find a balance?
Sunday, morning was Title IX race. All things considered I was pretty happy with my finish of 44:09 which paced out to 7:54 and finished 23rd overall and 6th in my age group. Here are the facts:
1) I haven’t run OUTSIDE in over 2 months!
2) This was the longest distance (9K) that I have run in over 2 months! I ran the ZOOMA 10K back in early August and that was the last time I raced.
3) I did not feel any pain with my piriformis injury? Am I healed? Probably not 100% but It didn’t hurt!
4) I still managed to finish with decent time.
5) I’m running a charity neighborhood 5K next Sunday and am excited about it. I may even consider doing some kind of Turkey Trot before it becomes too cold for me run outside!
The race was awesome. A bit cold to start but so organized! The course was clearly marked! Way to go Title IX for putting on a wonderful, kid friendly and fun race! I’ll be back next year for sure!
Sunday night was a calm and yummy family dinner at home. I made one of the Hubs favorites, thai lime chicken! Simple, tasty and easy!
This week is crazy! I didn’t get around to food prepping but I am going to be in an out all week! Events at night, lunch and dinner meetings! It’s just going to be one of those weeks! I need to think about some simple crock pot meals. Any ideas?
Have you raced recently? Are you still running outside in this cool weather?
Oh don’t forget about the AWESOME Salba Chia giveaway! Seriously, why haven’t you entered yet? Two winners plus the possibility of a bonus winner!