Happy Friday Folks!
1) Can you believe it’s August? July is over and in here we go August. I finally started tackling some things off my TO DO list the other night. I’ll admit this is the first time I am opening my computer in a few days! Sara has one more week of camp and then it is full speed ahead to Kindergarden. There are doctor appointments that I need to make, back to school shopping and of course we fully intend to enjoy the end of summer. I’m not rushing it. We will have a few more weeks!
2) SO Delicious sent me some of their new products this week! The Hubs is a huge fan of their coconut creamer but now they have come out with almond milk creamer along with a whole line of almond milk yogurt flavors! The yogurt is so creamy and tasty! If you are a yogurt fan be sure to check to these new products!!
3) The Hubs and I will be celebrating our 6th anniversary on Sunday. 6th years flew by in a blink of an eye!
We kicked off a weekend of celebrating last night by checking out Eataly in Chicago. It was Italian food at it’s best! Basically it’s two floors of food with 9 restaurants. You can hop around and eat and drink at the various specialities. They also have a full grocery store with speciality cheeses, meats, fish and other Italian specialties. I’m still thinking about the pizza we had! Most of their chefs are from Italy where they get all of their food training! Dessert was AMAZING! Nutella crepes and salted carmel gelato! INSANE!
4) The weather around here continues to be AWESOME! I’m loving my morning runs and long walks! I love waking up with out a huge agenda and task list and just enjoying the day! These two make it awesome!
5) My sister, brother-in-law and niece come in tonight from Cali for a week to visit! This next week is sure to be filled with lots of giggles, fun and great summer memories! I might pop in once or twice.
6) Did you know that August has 3 full weekends? It’s true go look at your calendar? It’s pretty rare but it makes the month of August that much better!!
7) Do you know what I love? Taco Tuesday!! The hubs and I have made a regular lunch date every single Tuesday where we walk to this amazing little taco restaurant not far from our house on Tuesdays for $1! I’m a huge fan of the veggie tacos! I’ll be sad when our weekly lunch dates end in a couple of weeks!
8) I have another confession to make, I’ve pretty much taken the summer off from major cooking and food prep and I freaking love it! All year I spend countless hours prepping and cooking and while I REALLY love being in my kitchen it’s a welcomed change. I know it will end soon when the routine starts up again but for now I am enjoying it! Have you ever taken a “break” from your kitchen?
That’s all I got today! Have a wonderful weekend! What do you have going on?