Happy Friday and I am especially happy on this Friday because first thing tomorrow morning I am getting on a plane with a friend of mine and we are going to visit our friend in Omaha!
1) I can’t help but think about that old Counting Crows song about Omaha. You know the one where is mentions Omaha, “somewhere in the middle of America.” So I’m headed out for 3 days of fun sans children in the middle of America. I am so excited! Anyone ever been to Omaha?
2) Here is a preview of an upcoming giveaway in the month to come. Diamond Candles sent me one of their candles to try out. The concept is fun! Basically in each candle is a diamond ring worth anywhere from $10-$10,000. You burn the candle and uncover the ring. I chose the pumpkin chai candle is the scent is wonderful!
3) I mentioned on Wednesday that I received some great bars from the Kando Bakery. Kando is a local bakery that creates healthy and clean granola bars. Kando Bakery is a “not just for profit” company whose mission is to provide a meaningful and sustainable work experience for young adults with autism and other developmental disabilities in a fun environment that celebrates our uniqueness. At Kando Bakery, they strongly believe that parents and their adult children deserve a place that they can feel good about, a place where they can be active participants in their community. They see “ability” in the word disability. They have a wide range of products here.
Kando is offering readers a great discount! Use discount code FIT8 to receive 8 bars for $14.00 or FIT12 to receive 12 bars for $20.
These bars are great and we have all enjoyed them!
4) I’m excited to share another local company that I found! Windy City Organics is a family owned and operated manufacturing company founded in Northbrook, IL. They service over 350 accounts in the USA with a presence in Canada and Europe. Windy City specializes in the highest quality raw, vegan, and organic snacks and functional foods. Additionally, we are strictly gluten, GMO, and soy free. All of these distinguishing factors truly separates us from most food manufacturers and distributors. I received some amazing almonds to sample and also purchased the pumpkin seed butter! Additionally, I was given the Sun Biotics probiotics blend that I have been sneaking into some of Sara’s drinks! Check out all of the brands that they carry here. Their prices are very reasonable and I love supporting local businesses!
5) Fresh summer produce like strawberries and berries are hard to come by. I’ve pretty much given up on finding good quality organic berries at this time of year. I found this bag of frozen fruit at Costco and it’s been great in smoothies! How do you cope with lack of fresh berries this time of year?
Finally, and we can call it a bonus #6… I want to say good luck to all those runners running the Chicago Marathon this weekend. Especially, my friend Debbie over at Healthy Running Mom! Although I won’t be here this weekend I will be thinking about all of the runners who have worked so hard to get to this point. The weather report for Sunday look sensational! Hope those of you running have a BLAST!! One day I’ll get back out there for Marathon #3!
Have a great weekend everyone!