Whoa, Friday already! Love when we have a nice short week and the weekend is back again! Let’s to tell you about today and a great giveaway to kick off your weekend!
1) You know fall is here when it’s the return of….
I actually won’t be buying any pumpkin spice lattes because I like to make my own! I posted this recipe last year! It was actually one of my first posts! I love making my own pumpkin spice latte and boy does it save a ton of $$$ and it’s sugar free!
2) Ginger! It’s been my newest addition to my morning smoothies. Just about 1/2 inch of fresh ginger chopped and thrown it. Not only does it give my smoothies a great taste with an awesome zing but boy does this stuff have incredible health benefits! I love cooking with ginger but now I can get a daily dose in the morning!
3) UNSUBSCRIBE! This past week I actually spent a little bit of time going through my emailing and UNSUBSCRIBING from all the junk that I receive every day. On a given morning I wake up to 25-40 emails! It felt like spring cleaning for my computer. Normally I just hit delete but this week I spent the time to go and unsubscribe! My inbox is much happier now and so am I!
The Hubs and I are going to see The Book of Mormon tomorrow night and we are so excited! It was my birthday present to the Hubs and after hearing nothing but amazing reviews we will finally have the chance to see it ourselves! We can’t wait!
5) I’ve got an awesome women’s race to tell all of you Chicago folks about! I ran it for the first time last year and it was the first kids dash that Sara did as well! The Title 9K race is a fun an amazing run taking place in Chicago on Sunday, October 20th and I am all signed up!
It’s a day to run, walk, skip, hop or jog. It’s a day to celebrate YOU! Bring your family and friends to the 3rd Annual Chicago Title 9K! We are excited to celebrate the fun and satisfaction of your doing a run/jog/walk with us, whether it’s your very first or your hundredth! And don’t miss the post race party – rock out to the DJ, and enjoy all of the expo vendors!
Chicago, IL at Lincoln Park (North Cannon Drive at Diversey Harbor)
October 20th, 2013 at 9:00am
A scenic 9k (that’s a bit over 5.5 miles) run, jog or walk mostly on paved trails.
YOU! First timers to a race, seasoned runners, elite racers, joggers, walkers, skippers, and mothers with kids in tow—yes! Baby joggers are allowed; we even have a separate category for moms with baby joggers. Sorry guys, this one’s just for the ladies! We’d love to see you guys out cheering on the ladies or volunteering. Come join the fun this way!
Want in on the fun? Come join me and hundreds of other women! You can register by clicking here!
It’s been such a crazy and short week and we’ve got a jam packed weekend! I should probably add a final little something on for today’s post. So….. here is the bonus
6) Last night was the official kick off to the 2013-2014 NFL season. It’s the beginning of Sunday gatherings, crock pot meals and either happy Sunday evenings or sad Sunday evenings! For the next 16 plus weeks, Sunday is game day and known in our family is BEARS SUNDAY!
Do you spend your Sunday afternoons in front of the TV watching football? What are your football season traditions?