Sorry for the delay in this post! Let’s get started right away!
1) I got home around 11 last night at the Esprit de She! I was already set to go the 5k but they canceled the 10k due to the heat! It was hot and brutal but guess who placed 1st in her division and 6th overall?!? This lady!!
My friends and I laughed at the sized of my cheeks in this picture! I finished 22:47 and the best part is that my groin/hamstring wasn’t bugging me at all! Running in this brutal heat wave at night is really hard! There is no way I could have done the 10k!
It’s always so nice to run the race with friends! All women’s races are really enjoyable! Have you ever run one?
2) I mentioned last Friday that Aspaeris Shorts sent me a pair of their compression shorts to help out with my groin/hamstring injury! This week I have been wearing them around the house, sleeping in them and doing Tabata Bootcamp in them! I have no run in them because the idea of tight compression in 90 plus degrees heat isn’t appealing to me! When I have slept in them I wake up in the morning not nearly as tight! These shorts are great and are really helping in my recovery process!
You can use the code RUNFITMAMA for $15 off!
3) Brady Bands! I’ve blogged several times in the past about how much I love these bands! Amy sent me some new ones to try out for both Sara and I! You can see in my first picture from the race last night that I never leave home without one when running! The fairy band is for Sara and she loves it! Sara lives in headbands and they are always coming out but not with Brady Bands. Plus, Amy is awesome and her mission behind Brady Bands is incredible. Amy often has deals going on on her Facebook page!
4) I’ve been adding cooked quinoa in my smoothie lately! I often make a big batch at the start of the week to use for salads and now I throw about 1/4- 1/3 cup cooked in my Vitamix! It adds some protein and keeps you fuller a bit longer! You can’t taste it either! Great filler!
5) Hind sent me some awesome clothes to test out! Oh, and don’t you worry when I return next week there will be a great giveaway to follow! Love HIND and I love their affordable prices!
6) Tomorrow I will see this! Enough said! I do have some great guest bloggers lined up for you while I am gone!
7) GIVEAWAYS! Two still going on!! Be sure to check them both out here!
Ok, so it was more then my normal FRIDAY 5 but I had a lot to say! I have a ton going on today get ready for our vacation!!
What do you have going on this weekend?