Happy Friday! We are freezing over here in Chicago! Winter is in full force. Sorry to have left you yesterday, I had another early morning but Wednesday night was a bit later for me so I needed to prep for my day yesterday when I returned home!
The temp on the TV yesterday displayed -3! Negative 3!! That was the temp when I was up at 5am running a HIIT interval on my treadmill! The wind chill was about -15! We are freezing over here! We are supposed to get more snow this weekend too. The Hubs and I have a date night in the city on Saturday! So I am excited for another night out!
Ok let’s chat about a few things that I am loving!
1) I bought these carrots from Trader’s Joes last week. They are so fun! They dress up any veggie spread but we’re just enjoying them with hummus or grab a go. Red, orange and yellow carrot! So fun!!
2) Last Friday, I was shopping at the grocery store and Crafthouse Cocktails was doing a beverage sampling. Who doesn’t want to try yummy cocktails at 4:oo on a Friday?
Crafthouse drinks make an awesome holiday gift! Their bottles can easily be re-purposed to store something else. I ended up purchasing the Moscow Mule because that is one of my favorite drinks these days! The cocktails are all natural and have no added garbage or high levels of sugar. Just pure real ingredients and so tasty!! All of their drinks are gluten free as well!
Crafthouse is a great local company but the great news is that you can order online if you don’t have them in your area! Good stuff my friends! Really good stuff!
3) I spent a lot of time in the car this week and yesterday I left the house at 6:45am and still hit a bit of traffic heading into the city.Instead of getting stressed over the traffic which was at a stand still at one point I took in the view! Life these days is so hectic and crazy and I took the chance yesterday to practice mindfulness which I try to practice as often as I can. Being mindful and practicing mindfulness helps keep me calm and I guess you could say “centered.” Have you every heard of being mindful?
4) Last week these showed up on in a box on my doorstep!
It’s CUTIE season!! I can’t tell you how fast went through this case! We all eat 1-2 maybe even 3 a day! They are perfect to throw in your purse, lunch or grab on the go!
Here are some great reasons to pop Cuties into your mouth and into your diet this winter!
- Cuties are rich in antioxidants! Hesperidin and naringenin are antioxidant compounds found only in citrus fruit like Cuties. Studies at the University of Maryland Medical Center report that the flavonoids in citrus fruit may inhibit cancer growth, blood clots and inflammation.
- Cuties are a particularly good source of soluble fiber. Two little Cuties contain 4 grams of fiber. Diets high in fiber have been proven to help heart health.
- Cuties are packed with a number of vitamins including A, vitamin B-6, niacin, thiamine and pantothenic acid. And, they are especially high in folate and vitamin C. Two Cuties provides you with nearly 300% of the U.S.D.A’s recommended daily allowance of vitamin C (based upon 2,000 calorie diet).
- Cuties are also rich in minerals. Two Cuties contain 400 milligrams of potassium. According to Linus Pauling Institute, people who include plenty of high-potassium foods like Cuties in their diet may be less likely to suffer from kidney stones, osteoporosis and stroke.Cuties are also a great source of minerals like copper, iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Together, these nutrients contribute to the synthesis of red blood cells and bone and support immune and nervous system health.
Don’t know what to do with your peels? Well, beside throwing them in the garbage you can throw them down your garbage disposal to get rid of any unwanted smells. Or put them on your stove with water and some spices like cinnamon or cloves to make your house smell good!
To kick off a week of giveaways, I am giving away a coupon that is valid for a case of cuties! Enter below and I will send you one in the mail so you can get your hands on some cuties!
As you know next Thursday marks the big 1 year for Fit Running Mama! Who would have thought it? I’ve got great giveaways lined up all week so be sure to stop by! I want to thank all of you have been loyal readers over the year!! This blog would not have been possible without all of you! Ok more on the sap next week!
Oh and my Vega protein smoothie winners are…..
#403 Kris Tarpening and #46 Jenny Wimbly! Congrats!
Have a great weekend, stay warm and don’t forget about the MASSIVE Health and Fitness giveaway that is still going on!
Disclaimer: I received the box of Cuties in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own