Woo hoo! Something about waking up on a Friday morning that gets me excited and happy! Well, we are all healthy and happy over here and hopefully it continues through the weekend. Just a few things to chat about this Friday!
1) What makes me happy these days? Brussels sprouts! Yum. I eat them all by my lonesome self in my house. When my mom and I are together, we proudly eat them and whenever I can find a friend who loves them as much as I do I make them. For years brussels sprouts have received a bad rap. As a I kid I wouldn’t dare, but these amazing little veggies are in season and are so good! Grilled or roasted they are just amazing! How do you like your brussels sprouts? Have you jumped on the brussels bandwagon?
2) I have truly been loving my Organic Girl baby kale all week! Unlike mature kale, that is very tough and hard to consume raw, baby kale is very tender and delicious! The best part about it is that it has the same nutrient value! I’ve been putting it in my smoothies, soup, salads all week. It’s awesome!
3) Title IX race is this Sunday! Any other Chicago peeps running this event? I ran this race last year for the first time and LOVED the size of the race and the all women’s run. It was my first all women’s race and as you know I have done several this year. I know it won’t be a day of PR’s for me and it won’t be super speedy but it will be fun! Looking forward to doing another fall race as the outdoor running season is coming to a close for me!
4) Did you miss my Salba Smart Monthly giveaway yesterday? Two winners with the potential for bonus winners can win this month. What are you waiting for!?!?
5) Finally, what is it about fall that you love best? It is cozy sweaters, fall boots, campfires, pumpkin madness, apple picking?? What do you love to do during the fall months. Do you have a fall bucket list?