It’s been a crazy but busy and wonderful week! I had the most amazing time yesterday presenting at the Illinois State Physical Education Conference! I’m excited that the weekend is here! Birthday parties, friends, celebrations and more! Let’s get started. I’ve got great things to share with you!
I mentioned on Wednesday about the home delivery from the great folks at Red Wall Kitchen! These ladies are amazing and I am hoping to help get them more into my area! They brought me some great gluten free goodness and we have been enjoying it all week!
They have an assortment of breakfast blocks, doughnuts, muffin bites and their life seed crunch! We powered through this week for breakfast, snacks and dinner! So good! If you are in the area I highly suggest checking them out or ordering from them. I’ll keep you posted should they expand to other areas!
2) Are you looking for a new challenge. Join me and so many others in the Elf for Health Challenge! It begins on Monday! Get more info and sign up here for more information! What are you waiting for! Check out the great challenges!
3) For so long I have been working to get the Hubs off his gross International Delight Creamer! Have you seen the ingredient list not these things? Anyways, I finally found something! Thank you SoDelicious! Your coconut creamer is way better then the garbage they had in those other grocery store creamers!
4) Is anyone else excited about this coming out? I can’t wait!! Hoping to find some time next week to see it with the holidays! We will see! Anyone seeing it this weekend? The Hubs and I are actually going to rent the first one just as a refresher before we see it in the theater!
5) Finally, it’s time for the Salba monthly giveaway!
This month Salba wants to share simple tips to nix holiday overeating
Overeating can be both the cause and effect of holiday stress. Research shows most adults gain some weight during the holidays, so to keep health and weight in check, Salba Chia offers these stress-busting tips for the holiday season:
- Less is more: The holidays are filled with tempting treats, but don’t load up on empty-calorie foods. Instead of sitting with all the food within arm’s reach, grab a (small) bowl, scoop a few treats, and give yourself that limit.
- Eat 1 tablespoon of Salba Chia Whole Seeds every day. Experts like Dr. Oz and “Biggest Loser” nutritionist Rachel Beller recommend chia seeds as a healthy way to curb appetite, so you can feel fuller for longer. Now there’s no need for will power at the holiday party!
- Get sleep! One night of sleep deprivation is as impairing as a legally intoxicating blood-alcohol level. You have plenty of chances to drink and be merry – why give yourself the pain over sleep?
- Don’t pack your schedule: While there are lots of people to see and things to do, make sure you’re able to live in the moment and enjoy the time you spend with loved ones. Take time to play games with your family and friends, or just sit and chat instead of rushing to the stores.
- Get outside: Take a brisk walk in the fresh air, or take a drive to see the holiday lights – a quick break can invigorate mind and body, and help restore perspective!
- Don’t forget your health: Let’s be honest – even the tips above won’t keep you from overeating at least a little. So remember to get your key nutrients: One tablespoon of Salba Chia Whole Seeds provides 800% more Omega-3 (ALA) than salmon (EPA/DHA) and contains less than 1g net carbohydrate per serving. It’s really that easy.
Giveaway: 2 winners who will each receive 1 Whole Seed BOOST Sleeve & 1 Premium Ground BOOST Sleeve.
Have a wonderful weekend!