I’ve so happy it’s Friday. This week has been nothing but busy and crazy and while it’s all wonderful and exciting things I am looking forward to slowing down a little bit this weekend! I’ve got some fun thoughts and things to share with you today!
1) I’ve done food reviews for Kid Kritics in the past and so when they contacted me about doing a review and cooking with Calbot Greek Yogurt I couldn’t turn it down! Greek yogurt is a favorite in the house. I’m lucky that Sara loves eating plain greek yogurt with just a bit of honey mixed in!
So here is what I did!
1) Combine 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter with 1/4 cup of honey and mix over a low heat on the stove. One everything is melted pour into a bowl and allow it cool.
2) Once cool add 1 cup of Cabot Greek Yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour
3) Best ways to enjoy this peanut butter dip… here you go!
* Eat it straight out of the bowl.
* Use a fruit dip for strawberries, apples or bananas.
* Place in between two graham cracker and freeze for amazing peanut butter yogurt sandwiches. (You can add bananas in there too!)
* Freeze into ice cube trays and then process using Vitamix or food processor for a frothy frozen yogurt
Really the skies the limit!
2) I had time yesterday for myself and it was really nice! This obviously isn’t me but that is what I did during my 3 hours of me time. I also ran 5 miles on my treadmill which is pretty huge for me! After my amazing facial I came home and did work around the house and tackled a pretty large to-do list! It felt good to finally get stuff done! Do you value “me” time?
4) I realized this week thanks to BlueHost and WordPress then I am less then 1 month away from Fit Running Mama officially be 1-year-old! That means in just a few weeks I am going to have loads of giveaways to help celebrate the occasion!
5) In case you missed the big giveaway yesterday, I’m giving away Baby Kale! Read all about it here!
This weekend the family is running a 5k/1 mile race on Sunday. I think it’s going to warm up a bit. I didn’t even discuss how bitter cold it’s been this week. We are well below average here in Chicago and it’s been boots, hats and gloves for us! A little cold for late October!
How’s the weather by you? What do you have planned for the weekend?