I’ve got so much going on over here but I didn’t want to leave you high and dry on my favorite day of the week! Let me tell you about my day yesterday! The good, bad and the yummy!
1) For the first time in over 8-9 months I worked out at the gym! It felt kind of foreign even though I teach classes at the Y. In the morning I got up, walked a mile on the treadmill and then did a 10 minute pace for 1 mile. That was part 1 of my workout. After I dropped Sara at school I went to the Y and got on a cross trainer for 25 minutes and then rowed for 10. Guess what, my nagging butt/piriformis wasn’t bugging me like it was when I was running! This brings me to #2
2) I went to see my PT yesterday for the first time in weeks after my workout. My pain is now on the other side of my butt! Go figure. We caught up and did some assessments and the bottom line is that I have MAJOR weakness in my glutes and hamstrings. When I run, I neglect to do any kind of leg strength training. Even with Tabata Bootcamp I stick to the core and upper body because I am feel that with running I am getting a good lower body workout! WRONG! Big WRONG. This weakness became apparent when I went for my first eval in early July. I was good with my exercises for a while and laid off the running and then slowly I was feeling better. So the new plan is lots and lots of cross training, lunges, squats and lower leg workouts! My issue is the idea of not running makes me sad! It makes me feel like I don’t know what to do. I always run long on Saturday. Now what? I’ll let you know how it all pans out. Maybe an early morning trip to the Y for an hour of cross training.
3) I’m thrilled that we have a long weekend because I seriously need it and we’ve got great dinners and BBQ’s planned with friends and I am planning to try out some new recipes and make lots of yummy and healthy stuff. (Side note, that I can see the Hubs rolling his eyes as he is reading this post!) I’m hoping to try to make this, this and this! Oh, and not to mention that my friend is making this for our Saturday night dinner! You can see thanks to Pinterest I am finding lots of great things to make! We will see what actually gets prepared!
4) I finally got my act together yesterday and signed up for SCW Fitness Midwest Mania weekend next month! I’ll be going on Friday and Sunday and have registered for some great fitness classes and some really interesting lectures! I’m sure I am going to learn a lot and can’t wait to share with all of you!
5) The Hubs had open house last night at school! After I put Sara to bed I made this in the Vitamix! Cinnamon Cashew Banana “fro yo.” No dairy, no added sugar and all natural! I’ll get you guys the recipe next week! It was amazing and if you are as big as a cinnamon fan as I am then you won’t want to miss this recipe!