Last day of February! Still in the deep freeze but I don’t care because tomorrow is MARCH 1st! With each passing day I know that warmer temps will soon be here! As much as I am truly OK with running on my treadmill it is starting to bore me!
1) Let’s start off with a little humor! I saw this hysterical blog post this week and it had me laughing out loud! It’s a great read and I promise it’s worth a couple of minutes! So is this ecard which is something that Hubs would totally say to me!
2) Let’s chat for a minute about portable snacking. There are many products that will claim to be healthy and then when you read the label you find a combo of ingredients you can’t read or pronounce. Sara is going to camp this summer and packing lunches will be a regular thing that I need to do. I’ve been so lucky that her day care uses a local organic food service and that she loves all the food. This summer, I know I am going to be challenged. BARE fruit snacks are portable and healthy snacks to pack! They are great in the car, purse or lunch and come in 5 different flavors!
- Grown in Washington state
- Available in 15g and 1.69 oz (48g) sizes
- No added sugar
- No added preservatives
- No additives
They are the perfect heart healthy and portable snack!
3) I learned about Smashbox primer from Jenn over at Pretty Little Grub! I decided to purchase it and wow am I loving it! Just the smallest amount goes on before my make up and it leaves a MUCH smoother finish. I’ll admit that my makeup “routine” is under 5 minutes but using this makes everything seem to last longer in the day and look fresher! I actually purchased mine on Amazon!
4) For the last couple of weeks I have been running in Injinji socks There unique toe socks make for an interesting feel at first but I have been loving them! My toes are not pretty! I am always losing toenails and often have blisters. As the weather heats up… (fingers crossed that this might actually happen,) I am looking forward to using Injinji toe socks to prevent all those lovely problems that us runners have!
Injinji has socks for any sport including yoga and even compression socks! I ran 7 miles in the compression ones last weekend loved the way it felt! The come in a variety of thickness and you can’t beat the bright colors!
These socks are easy to find on Amazon or at variety of stores!
5) Time to talk food!! Shocking I know! This week my friend made these awesome lentil tacos for dinner! Everything was amazing but the avocado sauce was spectacular and something I will be making again! Also on my food TO DO list this raw lasagna or some deconstructed version of it! The sun-dried tomato and broccoli pesto sounds incredible and this Carmel Chocolate Apple Party is a party I would love to take part in! What food is screaming your name these days?
Disclaimer: I received samples from BARE fruit and Injinji. All opions are my own