It’s Friday and it’s a LONG weekend! Woo hoo! Let’s get started!
1) I can’t believe that this weekend marks the unofficial start to the 2014 summer! Who wants to high five me? Pools open up this weekend and the weather reports look AMAZING!! We might actually get to the pool this weekend! Is anyone else hitting up the pool or the beach? Our family is officially coasting into summer mode and it’s freaking fantastic!
2) Kevala sent me some of their products to try out last month and I have been so slow to bust them open! I was so intrigued by the black sesame tahini! I know it doesn’t look so pretty but I made this 30 Clean friendly zucchini hummus last week!
The cashew butter is INSANELY delish and has been awesome with apples and celery! Order from Kevla and shipping is free after $49!
3) Have you guys heard about the new amazing campaign that going on through Mizuno! It’s called Mizuno Baton. All you need to do is download the app on your phone and activate when you go for a run. For one week it will track ALL of your miles and donate money to the charity Back on My Feet. Back on My Feet is a nonprofit organization that helps those experiencing homelessness turn their lives around through running. From your phone search for the term Mizuno Baton. For every mile you run in a week Mizuno will donate $1! Seriously, there is no reason NOT to download this app right now!
4) A little update on The 30 Clean! Today is day 19 and I am feeling amazing!! That’s 19 days without sugar, grains and dairy. I was never concerned about the dairy part but was worried about the grains and sugar and I have truly never felt better. There are no temptations! My sleep is so solid too!! Eating out is not stressful and actually pretty easy… however, I love cooking! My family has NOT starved either. The hubs was concerned that he would be on a kale diet when this started but I think he has been pleasantly surprised! The support and the camaraderie from this challenge has been like nothing I have ever experienced. I love the accountability that is done through Facebook. This challenge is SO doable and so wonderful!! The exciting news is that they have enrollment going on for the July 30 Clean! You can click here and learn more!
5) The Hubs and I went to kindergarden kickoff on Wednesday night for Sara. It was a parent thing. How did this happen. Next Friday is preschool graduation. I’m already anticipating the water works. I swear she was just a baby!
The countdown is also on for her 5th birthday! Lots of big milestones happening in the coming weeks!
So tell me, what do you have planned for the memorial day weekend?
BBQ’s, beach, pool, races?
Disclaimer: I was sent samples from Kevala. All opinions are my own.