Yippee!! It’s Friday!! It’s kind been a long week. Not a bad week but on Wednesday I thought it was Thursday! Does that ever happen to anyone?
1) I leave for California tomorrow morning! So excited for some awesome weather and time with my new niece and sister and brother-in-law!! Woo hoo!! We are going to one of the largest farmers markets ever on Saturday morning right after I get off the plane!
2) Have you ever heard of Matcha Green Tea Powder? I was intrigued when I received a bag of it in the mail and gave it a go.
I was also sent a recipe book to use the Matcha but I have been keeping it simple and mixing 1 teaspoon of matcha with boiling water (about a cup) and a 1/4 cup of homemade almond milk and dash of cinnamon! It’s delicious!
What I noticed was that I had no late morning caffeine crash and that I felt alert and focused all day! The taste was great! I wasn’t sure what to expect but as a tea lover I was hooked! I’ve been drinking my matcha green tea lattes a few times a week instead of coffee and it’s a great change! Have you heard of matcha powder? Ever use it?
3) I learned about Neat last weekend when I was watching the news. Have you heard about them?
Neat is derived from nuts and other natural ingredients! It comes in a powder form which I was a bit skeptical about it when I got it the other day. The ingredient list is pretty amazing!
Pecans, garbanzo beans, gluten gluten free whole grain oats, organic gluten free whole grain cornmeal, sea salt and spices!
Simple enough.. right??
You take the contents of the bag which is 4 servings and add 2 tablespoons of water and 2 eggs or egg substitutes.
So, I put it to the test the other night and whipped up a taco bowl with the Mexican Mix
After cooking Neat for about 7-8 minutes it took on the consistency of meat crumbles. I wasn’t sure that this would happen when I first started but it totally did. I then added a can of organic pinto beans, chopped tomatoes, and more chili powder. The result was a really tasty dinner that the hubs TOTALLY approved of!!!
Neat is available on Amazon if you can’t find it at a store near you! It makes for an awesome very last minute and fast meal!!! I’m going to use the italian mix next!!!
4) I’m changing gears right now to tell you about some recent struggles that I have been having. Sugar… yep.. sugar and snacking. It’s gotta a bit out of control and so I need to take charge and get things under control. Last week at The Dailey Method my studio announced that beginning May 5 there would be a partnership with The 30 Clean and that they were looking for individuals that were up for the challenge. I went back and forth about this especially since I have 2 1/2 marathons coming up during the challenge but after exchanging some emails with the CEO herself I decided to sign up!
I’ll get more into the challenge and the NO’s and YES’s next week but I am excited and looking forward to it! Has anyone ever done The 30 Clean?
5) Did you catch my giveaways this week? If not hop over here to catch up on Sweet Riot and Lazy Lizards. I might even come back tomorrow morning for another one!
That’s it folks! I’m off to get my long run in this morning since I won’t be able to get it done tomorrow. What do you have planned this weekend?
Disclaimer: I received some of these products in exchange for reviews. It was my choice to review and all opinions are my own.