Guess what I got to do this morning for the first time in about 7-8 months? I got an early morning outdoor run in! Of course I always enjoy my long runs these days but I’ve still been confined to my basement on my treadmill because it’s been too dark or too cold. Well, today I was outside around 5:30 and it was sensational!
I posted this recipe to chocolate protein power balls a couple of weeks ago and this weekend I perfected the recipe even more. This recipe has only 4 ingredients and takes few minutes to make! I mentioned yesterday, that Kim over at Hungry Healthy Girl inspired this recipe with her post from last week.
- 1 cup of raw cashew pieces.
- 1⅓ cup of pitted dates.
- 1 scoop of Cookies and Cream protein powder (or any kind of protein powder)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla
- Soak your dates in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor and pulse for several minutes until a large "dough" ball is formed. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Place dough ball in fridge for about 20 minutes. This helps make the dough not as sticky and easier to work with.
- Form into bars or balls.
These are really tasty and so portable! No added sweetener either which is a bonus!
How insane was The Following last night? Any of you watch? This will probably be the last time I post about it since I don’t think it’s back on until January!
I’ve got some great running accessories and other giveaways lined up for later in the week! I’ve gotta get my act together! Oh and today is the last day for the ProBar giveaway. One winner will get a full case of their choice!
Off to enjoy the day!