Happy New Year to all who are celebrating today! I’m looking forward to a break from work and spending the day with family. I’ve had a crazy busy few days and I need to slow down a bit!
I’m still going strong with the dairy free and the best part is that I am finding some amazing and healthy alternatives to satisfy my sweet tooth! I love making “ice cream” in my Vitamix! I’ve wowed a lot of people when I tell them the main ingredient was is frozen bananas! This last time I played around with some cashews and make cashew milk cubes. If you don’t know, when you soak cashews they get very creamy! Cashews are often the base of cheese sauces and other creamy desserts. So after some prepping and creating a tray of cashew milk cubes, I made this!
- ½ cashews soaked in water
- 1 cup of water (this will give you plenty of cashew milk cubes for future use)
- 2 bananas sliced and frozen (make sure that your bananas are very ripe before freezing)
- 2 cashew milk ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of milk ( I used my homemade almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of xanthan gum
- Part 1
- The day before soak cashews in a bowl of water for at least 4 hours. The longer the better.
- Drain cashews and blend in Vitamix or high speed blended with 1 cup of water.
- Pour cashew milk into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Part 2
- Pop our two-three cashew milk cubes and add them to your blender along with all of the remaining ingredients.
- Using the tamper on your Vitamix push down the ingredients and blend until creamy. You can also do this in a food processor but you will need to stop a couple of times and push everything down off the sides.
- The frozen yogurt will go through phases and after a few minutes, pending the speed of your machine you will have a creamy dessert!
You can also double or triple this recipe to make more! If you decide to make a larger batch you can freeze it. Just note that it should be taken out of the freezer for 10 minutes or so before you enjoy it so it softens up!
Feel free to top with fruit, nuts, chocolate! Whatever!!
That’s all I’ve got for today! I’ll be back tomorrow with a very full Friday 5! Lots of great things to share with you tomorrow!
Have you ever used bananas to make frozen treats?