Ok before I get to this awesome recipe that I whipped up last week, I have to tell you that the Hubs and I had an impromptu day date yesterday and went to see an 11am showing the Chef. We both loved it and I would HIGHLY suggest it for anyone that loves a good story line and enjoys food!! Great cast, great plot… great day!! That’s all… just had to share!
Anyways…. moving on…..
Last week I received an awesome little gift from the folks at Natural Delights!!
It’s no secret that I love dates. They are truly natures candy and during The 30 Clean I learned how to use dates to fuel my long runs! Read all about my love for dates here and how I learned to use them as the perfect fuel.
I decided to try my hand at a Chia pudding. I’ve seen a lot all over the Pinterest but most have added sugars.
My little experiment turned out awesome. I even tested it with the hubs and a couple of clients who train at my house!! Sara was the only one who didn’t love the constancy but that didn’t surprise me.
- 2 cups of blueberries ( I use frozen wild blueberries from Trader Joes. Fresh would work too)
- ½ frozen banana
- 1½ cups of almond milk (If you use fresh blueberries use less liquid maybe 1¼ cups. You can also use any kind of milk here)
- 3-4 Pitted dates depending on the size and the kind of milk you use
- ½ cup of Chia Seeds
- Blend blueberries, banana, almond milk and dates in a high speed blender. Start with 1 cup of milk and add more depending on your consistency.
- Pour blueberry mixture into a bowl and mix in ½ cup of chia seeds.
- Continue to mix chia seeds until they are all mixed in.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. I did it overnight.
- Chia pudding will keep for 3-4 days
Want another way to vary it up? Try using mixed berries instead of just blueberries.
I topped mine with cinnamon and some unsweetened coconut!
Yummy! This is perfect to portion out in jars or containers for several days of breakfast on the go!! It’s gluten-free, dairy free, grain free and sugar-free!! I’ll admit that I have missed overnight oats at times but not anymore.
Have you ever had chia pudding? Do you use dates to naturally sweeten Stop back soon for a great giveaway from the folks of Natural Delights!