Yeah for the weekend! I pounded out some miles this morning. I had signed up awhile ago to do my first virtual race. The Anywhere 5k Challenge. I had all intentsions of doing that this morning but I was feeling so good, so I went beyond the 5K and ran 7 1/2 miles at an 8:10 pace! Right now, I’m feeling pretty good! Really,what’s the crime in that? I’m not sure if it’s because I have been experimenting with Energybits this week but my runs have been feeling great. More on Energybits + a giveaway soon!
Yesterday, I was running a little short on sleep. The snow plows had me up at 4am. On the way to work I stopped at my fruit and vegetable place and look what happened. I guess we will be roasting up more squash this week! I’m not complaining though!
Earlier in the week we had another busy and crazy day. It was nearing 5pm when Sara and I got home from her gymnastics class and I needed to make dinner! Looking around and what I had I scrambled and dinner turned out pretty darn good! Don’t you love when that happens!!
This was our dinner on Tuesday night!! Note, that this is the second image here with Kabocha squash. With all that we have now there will probably be plenty of pics of it int he weeks to come.
I’m trying out another recipe plugin today! We will see how I like this one.
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic glaze (not balsamic vinegar)
- Season chicken with all dried spices
- Sautee chicken over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes
- Add in diced shallot and diced tomatoes
- Continue to cook for approximately 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, add in balsamic glaze and toss.