I’ve got another tasty recipe for you! Last week I was sent some products from the wonderful folks at Organic Girl.
I was really excited to do a little experimenting in my kitchen with the Five Happiness blend. The five happiness blend includes baby bok choy leaves, baby red chard, tango, mizuna, baby arugula, baby spinach, baby green chard, baby green romaine and baby green oakleaf lettuce. Organic girl has a wide variety of organic, fresh and tasty greens.
I had just ordered a three pack of Kelp Noodles from Vitacost.com and wanted to use those as well. I was craving a salad on Sunday because it was finally feeling like spring and I needed a break from soups! Kelp Noodles are a great, healthy, raw alternative to using pasta. They are wonderful in salads or stir fries. What’s great is that you don’t have to cook kelp noodles. Just rinse and cut them to size!
- For the Dressing
- ¼ cup honey (or agave)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or Braggs for Gluten Free)
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- For the Salad
- 1 package of Kelp noodles (rinsed and cut to size)
- 3-5 cups of Organic Girl Give Happiness salad mix (or any kind of greens)
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- ½ cup of shelled edamame
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- ⅓ cup of of crushed peanuts for garnish(optional)
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the peanut butter is dissolved. Set aside.
- Chop the salad mix and combine all the ingredients in a large bowl,
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- Let sit at least 15 minutes so vegetables have a chance to soak up the dressing.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve cold
This salad is very versatile. Bring it to a BBQ, make it for lunch and eat it over a few days or serve it as a side dish!
The salad has amazing flavor and crunch and is so simple to make!
The girls at Organic girl are giving away a package of quick cook baby kale and the five happiness blend! Your package will come fast and packed in ice! It will fresh and ready to be enjoyed and consumed. Just enter below for your chance to win some amazing and tasty greens!
Also don’t forget that today is the last day to enter to win the Brad’s Raw Foods giveaway! There is also a 25% off promo code that you can use all of April! Click here to enter and read more. Have a great day! It’s a typical crazy Tuesday for me! I’ll be back tomorrow for another WIAW Healthy Snacking giveaway!
Disclosure: I received these salads from Organic Girl. It was my decision to do this review for them and all opinions expressed are n my own.