It’s Friday July 5th and I am thrilled to have another day off!! I need it after the crazy holidays! Wonderful, but boy where they crazy! Let me break it down a bit for you and tell you all about it!
1. We took Sara to experience fireworks for the first time on Wednesday night! Knowing that it would be a late night we got her to nap after camp on Wednesday. She was beyond excited! Loved every minute of the bright and colorful fireworks! It was awesome seeing it through her eyes and then the fireworks ended!
Just look at the happy, smiley face! Well, when it was all over at 10pm we saw the meltdown of all meltdowns occur! In talking with other moms yesterday I thankfully learned that my four year old was not the only one do this! Sara got to bed at 10:30 and it’s just too late for a 4 year old to be up! Thankfully, fireworks only happen once a year so the Hubs and I are looking forward to having a 364 day break from this event. Did anyone else experience a major meltdown after the fireworks?
2. I ran the Liberty 5k yesterday! Quite honestly, I can’t remember the last time I raced a 5k! The race was only 2 miles from the house so I ran there to warm up! I finished the race in 22:26 and placed 2nd in my division! The best part was that immediately following my race, Sara got to participate in her first mile race! A mile is a long distance for a 4 year old but she did it and look her smily face!
She was so proud of herself and it was a lot of fun!
3. My sister-in-law is one of the State reps here in Illinois so for the second year in a row we got to walk in the 4th of July parade! Good times! This year Sara and I scored a seat in the back of convertible!
4. Look what I got yesterday!!!!
We finished the first season of Dexter in less then two weeks! I have no shame! It’s really that good! I can’t wait to see what season 2 and 3 brings!!!
5. Finally, my parents just got back from being in Europe for two weeks and my mom sent me this quote that was on one of their hotels. I looked it up and found it online! It’s called the Holstee Manifesto and I want this poster in my house, office and everywhere! I loved it!
What did you do for the 4th? Don’t forget about the Vega Sport Giveaway going on!
Oh and the Picky Bar Winner is #143 Laurel Cedarblade! Congrats Laurel! Be on the lookout for an email from me!